Providing a Fast Path from High School to High-Tech Careers
Alamo Academies, through mentorship, skill building and more, provides high school students with a pathway into advanced manufacturing careers.
Program graduates earn high school and college credit, obtain industry-approved certifications and participate in an eight-week paid summer internship.
Key Elements of the Model
- Industry-recognized credentials
- Career path exploration through a hands-on paid internship
- Pathway to a career in high-tech science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) industries
- College certificate 30-plus credit hours toward an associate/bachelor’s degree
- Opportunities to enhance skills through on-the-job training/apprenticeships